I have been wracking my brain for weeks on the perfect side hustle. Bear in mind, I am in the midst of my busy season at work, have two small children and a husband who works full time out of the house.
Is it even possible to side hustle under these conditions? I have no idea.
Here’s what I’ve come up with so far:
- Sell items on eBay.
- Before kids, I actually had a side business where I did just that. I advertised and clients would bring me their stuff to sell. We would split the profit 50/50. It was mildly successful and started gaining traction when I became too busy at my day job. I had to scale back. I often think about starting it back up again.
- Resume writer.
- I’m weirdly good at making other people look successful. I spent quite a bit of time in my college career center, analyzing my own resume with a recruiter to know what companies are looking for. Plus, having friends in the HR field helps.
- Website builder.
- I’m new to this so I would have to start small and not be so detailed. But let’s be honest, there are a million others out there doing this same thing so I feel like there are better options than me!
- Custom travel planner
- I actually built a website tailored to this idea that I haven’t launched yet. If I can’t travel as much as I’d like to right now, wouldn’t it be fun to help others?
- I’m not convinced you can create a career out of this but here I sit, trying. Prove me wrong universe!
- Sell your crafts – honestly, if there was one thing I wish I was good at, it would be crafting (sewing, knitting, woodworking, making usable goods). But I’m not so this really shouldn’t be on my list!! But maybe you’re good at it? Start selling it on etsy, ebay, flea markets, craft fairs, bazaars, etc!! Live out my dream.
- Dog walker – since losing our beloved dog, I miss having a pup around. I joke that when the kids no longer want anything to do with me, then I’ll get a dog. They will love me right? In the meantime, maybe I can walk our neighbors dogs? This venture may have to wait until the kids are in school full time though. Carting around an almost four year old and almost one year old may be difficult.
That’s all I’ve got folks. I don’t want to cart drunk people around all night being an Uber driver. I can’t take on a night job because that’s when I typically do my accounting work and blog.
What’s your side hustle? Have any other ideas for the group? Comment below!